• twitter
  • youtube

Welcome to UPES - Tech Community | Dehradun

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to UPES - Tech Community | Dehradun, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of UPES - Tech Community | Dehradun by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Online chat support - 24/7 for your queries,engage with others.

Toggle %s About US

UPES - Tech Community helps the students to find study materials for different engineering specialties like mechanical, civil, electrical, computer science and electronics etc.The community is also sharing the year wise question papers of UPES, Dehradun and even comprised up with latest technology aspects, news, events, tutorials and various types of digital gadget reviews.

Photo

How to use Wifi Facility Under New Proxy | UPES - Tech Community

upestech wifi new proxy proxy settings papers upes

5 replies to this topic

#1 ilLuSion

ilLuSion

Founder

• Founder
  • 823 posts
  • 43 thanks
  • LocationDream World

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

Recently, University has updated their WiFi authentication by implementing SOPHOS Firewall in their Systems.Sophos Group is a security software and hardware company. Sophos develops products for communication endpoint, encryption, network security, email security, mobile security and unified threat management. 

How to Use Wifi Under New Proxy -  Steps Wise Guide 

Requirements - 1. Credentials (You'II get on Registration day i.e Sap ID + Password with your upes's .stu email id)

2. Certificate File- Import (Download Below)

3. Laptop with installed Browser such as Chrome, Firefox etc.

Step 1. - Connect your laptop with UPESNET in Window's/OS Wifi Settings Using your provided Credentials

Step 2. -  Open your Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings 

Enter Proxy - 10.20.20.3 Port - 8080  (Described in Image Below)

Screenshot (8).png

Step 3. -  Open your Default Browser i.e Google Chrome we're using here

Screenshot (6).png

Step 4. -  Open Settings in Google Chrome

Screenshot (7).png

Step 5. -  Search Certificates in Settings , then Click Manage Certificates 

Screenshot (9).png

Step 9. -  Open Manage Certificates > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Import Sophos Certificate

Screenshot (10).png

Step 10. -  Import > Click Next > Browse Certificate File > Certificate.cer  > Finish > Click Yes - Install Sophos Certificate > Done

Screenshot (11).png

Download Certificate File -  Attached File  certificate.zip   1006bytes   246 downloads

[Extract .Zip File Before Import]

Step 11. -  After Successful Certificate Import, Close your Browser & Open Again

Step 12. -  Type any website in address bar like google.com , it will redirect you automatically on Network Authentication Page

Screenshot (4).png

Step 13. -  Now just enter your credentials again i.e sap id & password then login

Screenshot (5).png

Enjoy your Browsing !!

Install Certificate in Trusted Certification List of All Other Browsers - Steps

Internet Explorer

·         In the Menu Bar, click Tools > Internet Options to display the Internet Options window.

·         Switch to the Content tab and, under the Certificates section, click Certificates to display the Certificates Window.

·         Switch to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab and click the Import button to start Certificate Import Wizard.

·         Import the Certificate downloaded in step 1 using this wizard.   

Firefox

·         In the Menu Bar, click Tools > Options to display the Options window.

·          Switch to the Advanced tab and then select the Certificates tab

·         Click View Certificate to display the Certificate Manager window.

·         Switch to the Authorities tab and click Import.

·         Select the Certificate downloaded in step 1 and click Open

·         In the Downloading Certificate window, select Trust this CA to identify websites and click OK.

Google Chrome

·         To the right of the Address Bar, click on Customize and control Google Chrome button and click Settings.

·         Click Show advanced settings and scroll down to HTTPS/SSL.

·         Click Manage Certificates... to display the Certificates window.

·         Switch to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab and click the Import button to start Certificate Import Wizard.

Safari

·         Download the SSL CA Certificate as shown in step 1.

·         Once downloaded, double-click the Certificate. This launches Keychain Access and displays a Certificate Not Trusted warning.

·         Click Always Trust to import the certificate into Login Keychain. 

Opera

·         Click the Opera button on the top left corner of the screen and click Settings.

·         Switch to the Privacy & Security tab.

·         Under HTTPS/SSL, click Manage Certificates…to display the Certificates window.

·         Switch to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab and click the Import button to start the Certificate Import Wizard.

Macintosh

·         Download the SSL CA Certificate as shown in step 1.

·         Once downloaded, double-click the Certificate. This launches Keychain Access and displays a Certificate Not Trusted warning.

·         Click Always Trust to import the certificate into Login Keychain.

The Community is posted with various types of resources including latest papers, ebooks, tricks & guides. For Torrent Guidance, you can refer here -  

https://www.upestech...tech-community/

Contribute your Content by creating account in the community.Ask your Questions in Community Support & Engage with others 

:)  Visit UPES - Tech Community Forum Regularly for updates   :)

Thanked by 1 Member:

#2 Jarvis

Jarvis

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

Thanks alot !!

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

Thanks a ton!!! But I've a doubt, the PC,s in IT lab & DBMS lab are still running on proxy - proxy.ddn.upes.ac.in  How???

#4 ilLuSion

ilLuSion

Founder

• Founder
  • 823 posts
  • 43 thanks
  • LocationDream World

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Thanks a ton!!! But I've a doubt, the PC,s in IT lab & DBMS lab are still running on proxy - proxy.ddn.upes.ac.in  How???

They are under specific domain.Even faculties can access internet using previous proxy because they are categorized under different domain from student domain i.e ddn, mainly faculties've to enter specific address in local field of proxy i.e sappro to enable internet in their laptops whereas IT Lab's are already configured through LAN to the specific domain.

#5 Guest_Kaushik_*

Guest_Kaushik_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:45 AM

Do I need to create a new guest login ? As the it dept. Already configured my laptop for the Wi-Fi but steam torrent and stuff ain't opening. Please help!. A prompt reply would be appreciated. Thanks!

#6 ilLuSion

ilLuSion

Founder

• Founder
  • 823 posts
  • 43 thanks
  • LocationDream World

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:08 AM

Do I need to create a new guest login ? As the it dept. Already configured my laptop for the Wi-Fi but steam torrent and stuff ain't opening. Please help!. A prompt reply would be appreciated. Thanks!

You didn't need to be re-configured ! Torrent i.e p2p network and streaming that allows much bandwidth usage are mostly banned in all colleges and same like our college ! For Access this type of sites, you need to use VPN such a psiphon and others due to proxy enabled in college so you need to bypass that proxy through VPN or some proxy site whereas in torrent downloading you can use sites like zbigz, seedr.cc & sonicseedbox etc. for torrent conversion ! More you can check the community for torrent guidance etc. 

If you need to download torrents about 1-2gb small you can use our community's torrent downloader too - Check Torrent DL ( You just need to paste your torrent's magnet link then enter ! For magnet link you can convert torrent here else direct paste your magnet link using some proxy site or vpn :)

Magnet link looks like - 

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5dee65101db281ac9c46344cd6b175cdcad53426&dn=name   

Create your account in community & be connect with other upesites and share your knowledge & get gain :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Discussion | Topics
Community Guidance
Useful Resources
Connect With Us

Copyright © 2018 UPES - Tech Community | Dehradun. All Rights Reserved.