• twitter
  • youtube

Welcome to UPES - Tech Community | Dehradun

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to UPES - Tech Community | Dehradun, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of UPES - Tech Community | Dehradun by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Online chat support - 24/7 for your queries,engage with others.

Toggle %s About US

UPES - Tech Community helps the students to find study materials for different engineering specialties like mechanical, civil, electrical, computer science and electronics etc.The community is also sharing the year wise question papers of UPES, Dehradun and even comprised up with latest technology aspects, news, events, tutorials and various types of digital gadget reviews.

Photo

Broadwell-E: Intel’s First 10-core Desktop Processor For EXTREME Performance

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ilLuSion

ilLuSion

Founder

• Founder
  • 823 posts
  • 43 thanks
  • LocationDream World

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:32 AM

INTEL-CORE-I7-EXTREME-BROADWELL.jpg

If you’re willing to spend a lofty sum of $1,723 on a desktop processor, here’s a great news for you. Targeting the “mega-taskers”, Intel has launched a new lineup of Extreme Edition Broadwell processors. The top performer of this lineup is Intel’s first 10-core processor i.e. Intel Core i7-9650X Extreme Edition.

WWW\\\\hile you might feel content using your current computer powered bystandard Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, Intel has just announced its first 10-core desktop CPU for extreme performance.

Dubbed Intel Core i7-9650X Extreme Edition, these processors will add more fuel to the gigahertz race in the tech world. With this release, Intel is also ditching its Latin branding (deca-core) and going for simple “10-core”.

These new Broadwell-E processors will operate at 3GHz with an upper overclocking limit of 3.5GHz. The new chip will come with Intel’s Turbo Boost 3.0 technology and feature 25MB cache.

Before telling you more about this monster, let me state its price. To own this hardcore piece of engineering, be prepared to spend an incredible $1,723.

So, why does Intel Core i7-9650X Extreme Edition cost this much?

According to Intel, this chip is made for the “mega-taskers”, which is apparently the next level of multi-tasking. The company says that while performing 3D rendering tasks, it’s 35% faster than the last-gen Core i7-5960X. Compared to the same chip, Broadwell-E is 25% faster when it comes to editing 4K videos.

If you are looking for a slightly cheaper version of Intel Core i7-9650X Extreme Edition, there’s a good news for you.

Intel has announced that the new Extreme Edition i7 CPUs will also come in 8-core and 6-core variants. Including the previous 10-core processors, all the new chips will support DDR4-2400 RAM.

These chips also mark another step in Intel’s new product cycle favoring the new “Process, Architecture, Optimisation” model. Notably, last year, the company announced that it’ll be ditching its “Tick-Tock” model.

Did you find this article helpful? Don’t forget to drop your feedback in the comments section below.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Discussion | Topics
Community Guidance
Useful Resources
Connect With Us

Copyright © 2018 UPES - Tech Community | Dehradun. All Rights Reserved.